DOWNLOAD: Careermag for Parents March 2021
We are currently looking at developing our alumni network. If you are an ex-student of Tudor Grange Academy and would like to join our alumni network, please contact our Careers Coordinator, Miss Lowry, using the contact details on the main Careers page.
Unifrog in Year 7 and 8
Using Unifrog with KS3 is a great way to help students comprehend how their choices now will affect their career options in the future.
- It can never be too soon for students to know what is expected of them if they want to follow a certain career path.
- It helps them understand how their GCSE choices can affect their future.
- It helps make careers seem more achievable and less abstract.
- Our tools are accessible for students in KS3 and by building familiarity with the tool early on, students will be confident using it ‘for real’ when they are thinking about their choices either in year 11 or sixth form.
Unifrog in Year 9, 10 and 11
It’s best practice to use Unifrog with KS4 because it builds students’ confidence with the tool and keeps them focused on their education.
- Showing students what GCSE grades they need to achieve to reach their chosen post-school destination motivates them to work hard.
- The University, Apprenticeship, and College and Sixth Form tools have been optimised for use lower down the school. For instance, when KS4 students use the University tool they are asked to enter their expected GCSE grades, and the tool then forecasts what this will result in in terms of UCAS points.
- Using Unifrog in KS4 helps to embed use of the tool, so that it is used more effectively in KS5.